Dairy Farm Jobs in New Zealand
Chances of getting a job as a dairy farmer are good due to high demand for experienced dairy herd and farm managers through out New Zealand.
You can make a really good future for yourself.
As a dairy farmer you will know that you are doing something honest and worthwhile - for yourself, for your family, for your community and for the people who will benefit from the most important thing you produce - milk.
Dairy farming is building a future for us all and there are plenty of jobs available.
Skills and Knowledge
Dairy farmers need to have:
- good animal-handling skills to ensure cows, calves and bulls are healthy and productive
- an understanding of animal welfare, including knowing how to treat common animal health issues
- an understanding of pasture management to achieve high quality milk
- knowledge of the milking process
- an awareness of milk company standards and safe practices on the farm
- mechanical ability to drive, operate and maintain farm machinery
- knowledge of accounting and how to run a business
- an understanding of sustainable environmental management practices such as safe waste disposal.